Application for the Apollo Theater Academy Summer Internship is May 9th!
The Apollo Theater Academy Technical Stage Production Internship provides high school students with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore careers in Technical Stage Production. Interns learn how to apply technical elements of theater such as lighting design, videography, audio engineering, carpentry, and production design to live and recorded stage productions. Over six (6) weeks, interns are trained by and assigned to work with members of The Apollo’s production crew to learn what goes into creating events at the Apollo Theater.
This internship will teach you how to develop a live production from concept to execution.
You should apply to the Technical Stage Production Internship if you..
- Have a serious interest in learning about careers in technical theater.
- Are currently in the 11th grade and will be entering the 12th grade in September 2022.
- Enjoy working on projects as part of a team.
- Will be available to attend the entire program, Monday – Friday, July 5 – August 12, 2022 (and special event dates, as assigned), including:
- Mandatory Parent/Guardian Orientation (must attend with a parent/guardian) on the evening of Thursday June 23, 2022, and;
- Mandatory Student Orientation sessions on June 28, 29, & 30, 2022.
The Internship runs for six (6) weeks. Interns work Monday – Thursday on site at the theater and virtually on Fridays each week. Additionally, interns may be assigned to Apollo Theater special events.
Before applying, determine whether or not you are able to commit to attending the entire program.
June: 28, 29, & 30 Orientation
July: 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
August: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12