Stefon Harris & Blackout
Music fans and technophiles alike will want to experience this one of a kind evening that features new music, technology, poetry, and visual elements in ...More Info
The Melt Goes On Forever:
The Art & Times of David Hammons
FILM SCREENING & TALKBACK Don’t miss this rare opportunity to be among the first to experience film, visual art, and community in The Apollo’s new ...More Info
DIANNE McINTYRE Group:
In the Same Tongue
“In modern dance, the names of its persevering practitioners are like cherished objects. Dianne McIntyre is one such . . . one of dance’s most ...More Info
From The Victoria to The Village:
A Visual History of Black Creative Spaces
Gallery Opening & Talkback Celebrate the opening of The Apollo’s Victoria with this visual exploration of Black artists and creativity from the 1950s through the ...More Info
The Apollo Stages at the Victoria are Now Open
The Apollo Stages at The Victoria are now open and mark the institution’s first expansion in its 90-year history. The inaugural season will include a series of new, original programs!
Thanks to generous support from The Jerome L. Greene Foundation, all tickets to Apollo-presented programming in those spaces will be capped at $20.
Check out some of the features that will be included in the brand new addition to The Apollo.
- 25,000-square foot facility designed by Kostow Greenwood Architects
- 199-seat black box theater
- 99-seat black box theater
- Administrative offices
A Sneak Peek into The Apollo Stages at The Victoria
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the theaters at The Victoria?
- Where are they located?
- What is The Apollo’s role in the project?
- How did The Apollo come to be involved in this project?
- What are the cultural spaces within the redevelopment?
- What will be the spaces be used for?
- What programs does The Apollo plan to offer at the Victoria Theater?
- Will The Apollo hire additional staff dedicated to The Victoria, or will the same staff and leadership manage both?
- When will the project be completed? When will the first programs be presented?
- What are the criteria to rent the cultural spaces? How is that defined?
- What are the criteria to rent the historic Apollo Theater?
- How will this project affect 125th Street and what does it mean for the continued gentrification of Harlem? Will this adversely affect small businesses?
- Did The Apollo have a role in planning the new layout / design of the theaters at The Victoria?
- What happened to the original Victoria Theater?
- How much of the existing interior will be retained?
- Will The Apollo raise funds for the operation of the theaters at The Victoria?
- Where is the money coming from to restore the theaters?
- Where can I learn more about the theaters at The Victoria?