From The Victoria to The Village:
A Visual History of Black Creative Spaces
Gallery Opening & Talkback Celebrate the opening of The Apollo’s Victoria Theater with this visual exploration of Black artists and creativity from the 1950s through...More Info
Soul Science Lab:
The Renaissance Mixtape
The Apollo’s Victoria Theater opens with The Renaissance Mixtape, an immersive theatrical concert that uses elements of hip-hop culture and visual storytelling to sample some...More Info
Stefon Harris & Blackout
The inaugural season of The Apollo’s Victoria Theater continues with four-time Grammy nominee and Apollo New Works artist Stefon Harris and his band, Blackout. This...More Info
The Melt Goes On Forever:
The Life & Times of David Hammons
FILM SCREENING & TALKBACK Don’t miss this rare opportunity to be among the first to experience film, visual art, and community in The Apollo’s new...More Info
DIANNE McINTYRE Group:
In the Same Tongue
“In modern dance, the names of its persevering practitioners are like cherished objects. Dianne McIntyre is one such . . . one of dance’s most...More Info
Check out some of the features that will be included in the brand new addition to The Apollo.
- 25,000-square foot facility designed by Kostow Greenwood Architects
- 199-seat black box theater
- 99-seat black box theater
- Administrative offices
A Sneak Peak into the Stages at
the Apollo's Victoria
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the theaters at The Victoria?
- Where are they located?
- What is The Apollo’s role in the project?
- How did The Apollo come to be involved in this project?
- What are the cultural spaces within the redevelopment?
- What will be the spaces be used for?
- What programs does the Apollo plan to offer at the Victoria Theater?
- Will the Apollo hire additional staff dedicated to The Victoria, or will the same staff and leadership manage both?
- When will the project be completed? When will the first programs be presented?
- What are the criteria to rent the cultural spaces? How is that defined?
- What are the criteria to rent the historic Apollo Theater?
- How will this project affect 125th Street and what does it mean for the continued gentrification of Harlem? Will this adversely affect small businesses?
- Did the Apollo have a role in planning the new layout / design of the theaters at The Victoria?
- What happened to the original Victoria Theater?
- How much of the existing interior will be retained?
- Will The Apollo raise funds for the operation of the theaters at The Victoria?
- Where is the money coming from to restore the theaters?
- Where can I learn more about the theaters at The Victoria?