WHO WE ARE
EmpowHer is a group of dynamic women working to make a difference for teens in the Apollo Theater Academy program, which introduces over 2,500 students to behind-the-scenes careers in the performing arts and entertainment industries each year.
Members contribute $2,500 or more annually and come together for networking opportunities, fundraising events, and other activities to connect with the Apollo, the education programs they are supporting, and each other.
Questions? E-mail [email protected] for more information.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
In recognition of their generous support, members receive::
- Invitations to special Apollo EmpowHer receptions during the Apollo season
- Opportunities to attend special members-only networking events
- Invitations to the Apollo’s signature events
- Recognition at the annual Dining with the Divas luncheon
and, members will receive the following insider benefits:
- Personalized ticket concierge with access to VIP house seats for all Apollo Presents performances
- Invitations to exclusive behind-the-scenes Apollo events
YOUR GENEROSITY AT WORK
Apollo EmpowHer is proud to partner with the Apollo's career development programs to introduce teens to the many behind the scenes careers in the performing arts and entertainment industries. Through their generous membership donations and other contributions, the committee supports:
- High School Internship Program
- Apollo Theater Academy
- In-School Career Workshops
- 11th Grade Oral History Project
Over the past year, the committee has:
- Helped to provide paid internships for 25 high school seniors
- Provided resources for 2,500 NYC Public School students to participate in an In-School Workshop like songwriting, musical theater production, and special effects/stage makeup
- Helped 30 11th graders create, film and edit their own documentary film through the Oral History Project