Apollo Theater Academy Arts Administration Internship
Interns will learn about the impact of arts administration on live and recorded productions at the Apollo. Interns will also develop a concept for our signature summer event, Teen Takeover. Workshops and required work will be delivered on-site at the Apollo Theater for the majority of the internship.
Selected interns will learn how to develop an event through the lens of these departments:
Marketing, Programming, Digital Production, Development, Education, and Operations.
This is a paid opportunity. Interns will be assigned to work with Apollo arts administrators for nine (9) weeks to learn how to develop meaningful events and programs.
You should apply to the Arts Administration Internship if you…
- Have a serious interest in learning about careers in arts and entertainment.
- Are currently in the 12th grade and a New York City resident in the 5 boroughs.
- Enjoy working on projects as part of a team.
- Are available to attend the entire program: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, March 28, 2023 – June 1, 2023 (as well as special event dates, as assigned), including Mandatory Intern Orientation, March 28 – 29, 2023.
- Are available to attend (with a parent/guardian) a Mandatory Parent/Guardian Orientation (Virtual) Tuesday, March 21, 2023.
- Are available to attend a meeting with Apollo Young Producers and incoming interns on June 29, 2023.
How To apply
The Internship runs for nine (9) weeks. Interns work on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays each week during after-school hours (3:00-6:00 PM EST). Additionally, interns will be assigned to Apollo special events, TBA.
Before applying, determine whether or not you are able to commit to attending the entire program.
*The internship will not be in session during Spring Break.
COVID vaccination is required; however, the organization will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons.
Arts Adminstration Internship Important Dates
Sign up to receive more updates and announcements about Apollo Theater Academy High School Internships.