OPENING FALL 2020
- 25,000-square foot facility designed by Kostow Greenwood Architects
- 199-seat black box theater
- 99-seat black box theater
- Administrative offices
UPCOMING PROGRAMS INCLUDE:
- Artist-In-Residence: With support from the Ford Foundation, the Apollo Theater has announced Ta-Nehisi Coates as the inagural artist-in-residence. This three-year initiative, which will include events on the Apollo’s iconic stage and in the new Apollo spaces in the Victoria Theater in Fall 2020, will further deepen the relationship between Coates and the nonprofit theater. The Artist-in-Residence program reinforces the Apollo Theater's commitment to celebrating African-American arts and culture, supporting emerging and established artists of color, and serving as an artistic, educational and community resource.
- Salon Series: The Apollo Theater's Salon Series supports new work development by emerging and mid-career artists by providing valuable resources such as workshop and rehearsal space and access to leading industry professionals.
- Apollo Education: The Apollo Theater Academy develops the next generation of leaders in the performing arts, entertainment and media. Additional spaces at the Victoria Theater will allow for growing school time activities and interactive opportunities for the creation of new work and hands-on experience in the areas of production, design, and producing.
Additional programs to be announced.