The Apollo Theater Academy Fall Internship Program provides High School students in their senior year with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore administrative and managerial careers in the performing arts and entertainment industries.
Fall Interns learn about non-performance careers and what takes place behind the scenes at the Apollo Theater. THIS INTERNSHIP WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A PERFORMER. Interns are assigned to work alongside staff members of the Apollo Theater for eight weeks in various departments such as Development, Marketing & Public Relations, Community Outreach, Programming, Education, and Events Management.
YOU SHOULD APPLY TO THE FALL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IF YOU…
- have a serious interest in learning about careers behind the scenes in the performing arts and entertainment industries
- are currently in the 12thgrade
- enjoy working on projects as part of a team
- will be available to attend the entire program: Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays October 7 –December 3, 2015 (as well as special event dates as assigned)
- will be available to attend (with a parent/guardian) a mandatory parent orientation on the evening of October 6, 2015
This is a paid internship. The application process is competitive. Not everyone who applies will be selected to participate.
Relatives of Apollo Theater staff are not eligible to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FALL INTERNSHIP PROGRAM YOU MUST…
- be enrolled in High School, currently in the 12th grade
- be a New York City resident
- have valid GREEN working papers (if under 18, only required if accepted)
- have a social security card (only required if accepted)
- be available to work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays October 7 - December 3, 2015
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25TH: This is the application deadline. Your completed application must be postmarked or received at the Apollo Theater no later than 6:00pm on September 25th. Late applications will not be accepted.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6TH: There will be a mandatory parent/guardian orientation for accepted applicants on October 6th. If accepted to the program, you will be required to attend the orientation with your parent or legal guardian.
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 7TH: The 2015 Fall Internship Program begins on Wednesday, October 7th and continues for eight weeks through Thursday, December 3rd. Only applicants who can commit to attending the entire program will be considered.
COMPENSATION: This is a paid internship. Interns are paid bi-weekly and are responsible for their own meals and transportation.
SCHEDULE: The Internship runs for eight (8) weeks. Interns work Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, from 3-6 PM. Additionally, interns will be assigned to Apollo Theater special events, TBA. Before applying, determine whether or not you are able to commit to attending the entire program.