Apollo Theater Academy
Saturday Workshop Series
The Apollo Theater Academy Digital Collective (DC) provides high school students with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore careers in Technical Theater and Virtual Performance Production. Instructional sessions and required work will be delivered remotely for the majority of the program. Every student accepted into the 2021 Digital Collective will be provided with the equipment and supplies necessary to participate fully.
Students will learn about the impact of digital media on live and recorded productions and what goes into creating virtual events at the Apollo Theater.
THIS PROGRAM WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A PERFORMER.
Students will be trained and assigned to work with technical production professionals for eight (8) weeks to create virtual productions using the elements of lighting design, videography, audio engineering, production design and live streaming.
**Students will receive stipends for their participation.
YOU SHOULD APPLY TO THE DIGITAL COLLECTIVE IF YOU…
• have a serious interest in learning about careers in technical theater.
• are currently in the 10th OR 11th grade.
• enjoy working on projects as part of a team.
• will be available to attend the entire program remotely (Apollo Theater Foundation will assist students with securing the equipment and supplies necessary to participate fully) Saturdays, February 13, 2021 to May 15, 2021 (11 am – 5 pm) Including: Mandatory Boot Camp February 6th.
• will be available to attend (with a parent/guardian) a Mandatory Parent Orientation on the evening of Tuesday, February 2, 2021.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 15th This is the application deadline. Your completed application must be received by the Apollo Theater no later than 6 pm on January 15th. Late applications will not be accepted.
WEEK OF JANUARY 18th Group interviews will occur during after school hours.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd There will be a mandatory parent/guardian orientation for accepted applicants on February 2nd. If accepted to the program, you will be required to attend the orientation with your parent or legal guardian.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 13th The 2021 Digital Collective begins on Saturday, February 13th, and continues for eight sessions through Saturday, May 15th. Programming runs from 11 am - 5 pm alternating Saturdays (excluding holidays), with additional closeout activities the week of May 18th (TBA). Only applicants who can commit to attending the entire program will be considered.
**DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JANUARY 18th**