Apollo Theater Academy
Summer Internship Program
The Apollo Theater Academy Summer Internship Program provides high school students with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore careers in Technical Theater and Digital Production. Instructional sessions and required work will be delivered remotely for the majority of the internship. Every student accepted into the 2021 Summer Internship Program will be provided with the equipment and supplies necessary to participate fully.
THIS INTERNSHIP WILL TEACH YOU HOW TO DEVELOP A PRODUCTION FROM CONCEPT TO EXECUTION
Interns will be trained and assigned to work with members of the Apollo’s production crew for six weeks to create virtual productions using lighting design, videography, audio engineering, set and production design.
THIS IS A PAID OPPORTUNITY.
YOU SHOULD APPLY TO THE SUMMER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IF YOU:
- Have a serious interest in learning about careers in technical theater.
- Are currently in the 11th grade and will be entering the 12th grade in September 2021.
- Enjoy working on projects as part of a team.
- Will be available to attend the entire program remotely (Apollo Theater Foundation will assist interns with securing the equipment and supplies necessary to participate fully) Monday-Thursday July 6 – August 12, 2021 (as well as special event dates as assigned) including: Mandatory Boot Camp June 29 & 30, 2021.
- Will be available to attend (with a parent/guardian) a virtual Mandatory Parent Orientation on the evening of Wednesday June 16, 2021.
Interns will learn about the impact of digital media on live and recorded productions and what goes into creating virtual events at the Apollo Theater.
SUNDAY, MAY 9th This is the application deadline. Your completed application must be received by the Apollo Theater no later than 10pm ET on May 9th. Late applications will not be accepted.
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16th There will be a mandatory parent/guardian orientation for accepted applicants on June 16th. If accepted to the program, you will be required to attend the orientation with your parent or legal guardian.
TUESDAY, JULY 6th The 2021 Summer Internship Program begins on Tuesday, July 6th and continues for six weeks through Thursday, August 12th. Only applicants who can commit to attending the entire program will be considered.
The Internship runs for six (6) weeks. Interns work Monday-Friday each week. Additionally, interns may be assigned to Apollo Theater special events, TBA. Before applying, determine whether or not you are able to commit to attending the entire program.
June: BOOT CAMP 29 & 30
July: 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
August: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12