Apollo Theater Academy
2019 Spring Internship Program
The Apollo Theater Academy Spring Internship Program provides high school students with opportunities for professional and personal development as they explore managerial and production careers in the performing arts and entertainment industries.
Interns learn about non-performance careers and what takes place behind the scenes at the Apollo Theater. THIS INTERNSHIP WILL NOT TEACH YOU HOW TO BE A PERFORMER. Interns are assigned to work alongside staff members of the Apollo Theater for eight weeks in various departments such as Development, Marketing & Public Relations, Community Outreach, Programming, Education, and Events Management.
YOU SHOULD APPLY TO THE SPRING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IF YOU…
- have a serious interest in learning about careers behind the scenes in the performing arts and entertainment industries
- are currently in the 12th grade
- enjoy working on projects as part of a team
- will be available to attend the entire program: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from February 5 – April 5, 2019 (as well as special event dates as assigned)
- will be available to attend (with a parent/guardian) a mandatory parent orientation on the evening of January 23, 2019
This is a paid internship. The application process is competitive. Not everyone who applies will be selected to participate.
Relatives of Apollo Theater staff are not eligible to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE SPRING INTERNSHIP PROGRAM YOU MUST…
- be enrolled in High School, currently in the 12th grade
- be a New York City resident
- have valid GREEN working papers (if under 18)
- have a social security card (only required if accepted)
**Application Deadline: Friday, December 21, 2018**