Technical Stage Production Internship
DEVELOP A LIVE PRODUCTION, FROM CONCEPT TO EXECUTION, IN JUST 6 WEEKS!
Learn how to apply technical elements of theater such as lighting design, audio engineering, videography, carpentry, and production design, to live and recorded stage productions from the pros at The Apollo.
Selected PAID Interns will be assigned to work with members of The Apollo’s production crew to learn what goes into creating events at the legendary Apollo.
Qualified Applicants Will Be…
- Interested in careers in technical theater.
- Team players who love to collaborate on creative projects.
- Rising seniors entering the 12th grade in September 2023.
- New York City residents living in the five boroughs.
- Available to attend the entire program, weekdays from July 5 – August 11, 2023 (and special event dates, as assigned), including:
- Mandatory Parent/Guardian Orientation (must attend with a parent/guardian) on the evening of Tuesday, June 20, 2023, and;
- Mandatory Student Orientation sessions on June 28 & 29, 2023.
Join the Next Movement of Theater Tech!
Applications for this year’s Technical Stage Production Internship are no longer being accepted. Join our mailing list to be the first to know when applications will be open again.
The Internship runs for six (6) weeks. Interns work Monday – Thursday at the theater and virtually on Fridays each week. Additionally, interns may be assigned to Apollo Theater special events.
Before applying, determine whether or not you are able to commit to attending the entire program.
June: 28 & 29 Orientation
Weekdays: July 5 – August 11, 2023
Technical Stage Production Internship Important Dates
Sign up to receive more updates and announcements about Apollo Theater Academy High School Internships.