For over 85 years, the Apollo Theater has been a pillar of the Harlem community. While our doors may be temporarily closed, we remain committed to the wellbeing of our #ApolloFam by providing resources and information to our neighbors. We've included categories for the community including families and individuals, resources for small business owners, as well as support for artists during this time.
Harlem Entrepreneurial Micro-Grant Initiative
The Apollo recognizes its role as an economic driver in Harlem. We have partnered with 125th St. Business Improvement District (BID) and the Harlem Entrepreneurial Fund to provide support to small and independent Harlem businesses in financial need. Through this initiative, twenty $1,000 micro-grants will be distributed to local merchants that define the culture and the vitality of Harlem.
Applications Open: June 3, 2020
Applications Close: June 25, 2020
Grantees Notified: Week of July 6, 2020
- Must be located and operating in Harlem for at least six months
- Must be independently owned and operated (not corporate branch/location)
Applicants will be required to respond to the following:
- A brief description of your business structure, services or products
- A list of staff and/or consultants
- A brief summary of how your operations have been impacted by COVID-19
- A statement on how you will utilize the $1,000 micro-grant funding to assist in maintaining business operations
- A copy of 2019 taxes if filed, or 2018 taxes and/or 2019 draft or accountant certified financial statements
- Your proposed budget for 2020
- Evidence of operations in Harlem for at least 6 months
- Evidence that business is independently owned and operated (not franchise or subsidiary of larger corporation)
Create your free Submittable account to get started.